Meet Mia: Healer, Teacher, Counselor
Mia Bolte, M.A., supports your exploration of painful emotions, stories and experiences down a personal path toward self-discovery and peace.
Together, we rediscover your true, basic goodness, enabling you to live a life of more ease and less pain and with tools for setting your mind and spirit free.
Mia has a B.A. in American Studies from the University of Minnesota and an M.A. in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology from Naropa University. She’s actively taught at both universities for nearly 20 years.
Mia is a gentle, personal guide, offering Buddhist-inspired counseling and guidance. Influences that inform her approach are:
- Hakomi Experiential, Body-Centered Psychotherapy– a client centered, deep and gentle approach to psychological exploration.
- Somatic Psychology-including Somatic Experiencing and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy-because we live in bodies and need to include them in our healing journey.
- Body-Mind Centering-experiential anatomy for a better understanding of the physical and psychological development of the body.
- Expressive Arts-because words are limited, art making can help us to further express our inner landscape.
- Contemplative Psychology-including my own ongoing practice and study of Buddhism and meditation. All traditions are welcome, and you need not be interested in meditating. Mindfulness can be cultivated in many ways!
- Matrixworks- group training and facilitation-with an eye for finding the health that’s in every group.
- Transpersonal Psychology- connecting with something larger than ourselves can be a great resource. She’s pleased to teach beginning therapists, as an adjunct professor at Naropa University. It keeps her on her toes, learning all the time, right along with the students.
For trauma resolution, Mia uses:
I wanted a spiritually minded therapist, who’s done her own work. Mia’s a clear, sparkling mirror. You can tell, this woman walks her talk!
Mia challenged me, but were also empathetic. And ethical. I appreciate and value her and hope many others get to study and meet with her. She’s a gem.
I felt heard, validated and seen. This was so healing for me since I didn’t get that as a kid. With this new experience in therapy with Mia, my relationships are much easier, and I’m more comfortable with myself.